Monday 14 July 2014

Future/Past Project

For this project I chose to research into 90's grunge. I researched into the grunge scene that emerged from Seattle, choosing to concentrate on the music scene that influenced fashion at the time. I looked into bands such as Sonic Youth, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and especially Nirvana. I then used all my research to create sketches in my book. My designs consisted of combat boots, oversized cardigans and jumpers and ripped pipe jeans. I chose to 'grungy' colours such as indigo, burgundy, grey and black.
The piece I chose to make was a oversized jacket made of felt, and an oversized stripy t-shirt/ dress. For me overall, my garments could have been made better - the jacket was meant to be made of wool but however due to financial costs I had to use felt. I also got the measurements wrong for the amount of material I needed to make my long sleeved T-shirt so I had to make one of the arms longer. However, I did feel that this made the piece more unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment