Monday 14 July 2014

Narcissist Project

For my narcissist project, I had to research into different themes of narcissism. I looked into the story of Narcissus himself, and different types of artists who are narcissists themselves - this included Frida Kola and Lady Gaga. However, I chose to base my project on people with narcissistic personalities, a darker theme which I found far more interesting. I researched into Stalin, Hitler and Charles Manson - people who are considered indisputable evil. I then made a collage of different pieces of work that embodied the way in which many people who seem to be good, are infact very cruel. Charles Manson for example led a cult of hippies, all of whom thought was 'god to them' and influenced them to kill and mutilate innocent people.
My garments that I designed took the theme of the colour pallet I had chosen for my college, autumn colours.

Here are some photographs of the piece that I created:




 

This is my final design:






















This is an abstract of Anne Franks Diary, the music sheet of the song 'Helter Skelter' which is related to Charles Manson, and in the corner the book 'Alice in Wonderland' which is open on a very dark part of the book.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment